Ideas for Belmont Output

5:00 PM Posted by sara e.
53.24801 -7.89203
While reflecting on my research, I have started to think about my final output. I have been inspired by Tom and Sandy's story and I have decided to focus on the restoration/stewardship of Belmont Mills. To tell this story, I have sketched a preliminary storyboard of what I would like the final output (video) to look like.

  • Begin with an image of the mill before restoration: dilapidated, in a state of disrepair. Fade into a photo from the same vantage point of the mill today.
  • Display text with brief history of the mill.
  • Tell the story of the restoration using audio from owner Tom Dolan and builder Nole Holmes. Display images of mill buildings from before/after restoration.
  • Tell about the current use/ programming at the mill: artist studios and artists-in-residence, using audio from interview with owner Sandy Lloyd. Display images from violin maker and boat maker studios.
  • Comments from David Perry (former miller/owner) and Tony Cassidy (lifelong resident of Belmont) about the good job that Tom and Sandy have done restoring the mill
  • Tom and Sandy discuss their role in the history of the mill - caretakers/stewards
I have gathered nearly all of the content necessary to create this project. This evening I'll be meeting with builder Nole Holmes to discuss his role in the restoration.

search this site

Loading...

archive